The batter is quite runny so it'd be easy to pour the batter into each tin. I opted to portion it out with an ice cream scoop just to make sure they each came out to roughly the same size. But if pouring helps you skip a step and makes it so there's one less thing to clean up later, by all means, pour away!
Mini Popovers & Blackberry Butter
Mini Popover Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1 cup All-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup evaporated milk
½ tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 T seedless blackberry jam
2 oz unsalted butter
Pinch of Salt
Confectioners sugar to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Prepare a muffin pan with a small pad of butter in each muffin tin. Place in oven to melt and brown.
- Scramble 2 eggs in large bowl.
- Pour milk and extract in bowl and lightly whip just to combine.
- Sift flour and salt unto egg and milk mixture. Stir to combine flour in thoroughly. Do not over mix.
- Take out muffin pan from oven and quickly brush the sides of each muffin tin with the browned melted butter.
- With large ice cream scoop, quickly portion out the batter into each heated pre-buttered tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375°F, then lower temperature to 350°F and bake for 5-6 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.
- For Blackberry butter: In small bowl , whip room temperature butter with blackberry jam. If not sweet enough, add sifted confectioners sugar to taste with a small pinch of table salt.
- Slather blackberry butter on a hot mini popover and enjoy!