These nutty and luscious brownies come together very quickly and bake up fairly fast. Once cooled, you'll find these ladies are nice and crusty on the top and sinfully moist and rich on the inside. A little goes a long way, so pairing that richness with a bit of billowy fresh whipped cream, soft vanilla bean ice cream or a simple glass of milk would be heaven on earth. Prepare yourself for the onslaught of people wanting to lick the bowl and spoons of the batter left behind!
Decadent& Rich Brown Butter Hazelnut Brownies
- 16 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or morsels
- 4.5 ounces cocoa powder
- 5 ounces toasted hazelnuts, skins removed
- 21 ounces sugar
- 1 T instant coffee powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 T vanilla extract, pure
- 6.75 ounces all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare a 9” x 13” baking pan with aluminum foil. Allow extra foil to fall to the sides of the pan for easy brownie removal once baked.
- Melt butter in medium to large saucepan and allow to bubble for several minutes. The water in the butter will evaporate and the milk solids will begin to turn brown. Once the solids have turned brown and the aroma of the butter is quite nutty, take the melted butter off the heat.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and whisk to emulsify. Add cocoa powder to this hot chocolate and butter mixture and whisk again to combine thoroughly. Put aside to cool.
- Chop the toasted hazelnuts and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine sugar, instant coffee powder and salt. Using beater attachment, mix to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the mixer bowl. Beat to combine. Mixture will be quite liquidy at this point.
- Add the cooled down chocolate and butter mixture. Beat to combine.
- Add flour to mixer bowl and beat to combine.
- Add ¾ the amount of the chopped hazelnuts into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top down with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped hazelnuts on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.